The decks picture is starting to take on its own life. Hadn’t figured on that.
I started colouring in the mixer to see what happened. Shits and giggles really.
Now I’m wondering how far this rabbit hole goes. You’re not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy…
At this point I don’t think its worth it spending another year+ of my life translating this across into the physical world with paint and canvas. I’ve made friends (a bit…) with Illustrator now. If I can get the look I want, and get a friendly print company to be able to reproduce an image to the quality I would expect on a box canvas, why bother?
Its most satisfying building a thing, colouring it in, and knowing it looks right, because its built right.
Took bloody ages to get everything in the right order. Love it. Revelling in massive nerdery.
Good progress on this thing. Managed to finish drawing up one deck… which means I’ve basically finished two decks. Bonus.
I’ve been driving myself half crazy trying to deconstruct the tone arm assembly. Building it flat and layered in a way that will allow me to easily fill the vector paths to make it look solid. Its a proper head mess.
I’m starting to learn a few bits and bobs about Illustrator now. At least it should be fairly easy to draw up the mixer. There’s still some work to do to close off the paths etc on the decks, but milestone, reached.